Sunday, May 31, 2009

Letterpress


While I was working on my first book in the spring of 2008, I stopped by the Book Arts and Printers Fair at Fort Mason, where I found a booth for the San Francisco Center for the Book. They offered letterpress classes, but they were often when I was not available and filled up quickly. By the spring of 2009, my interest in book-making had only grown and I happened to find an open class on a Saturday when my normal printmaking class would not meet for Spring Break. I jumped on the opportunity to take Letterpress I:


I gained a new appreciation for the printed word and left/right justification. Incidentally, I will be taking Letterpress II today. After I complete Letterpress III, I will be able to rent time on the machines for my own projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...