Sunday, October 24, 2010

New edition - "Handyman"



As promised, I have proofs of my new edition print. In fact, I've delayed posting so long that I've completed the entire edition - all that's left to do is sign them. The subject is a 1957 Chevy "Handyman" Wagon, which I snapped on a day trip to Bolinas:





Unlike the "Lobster Pot" print, I began this plate with the two-plate lino method in mind:





After some deliberation, I decided on a cyan blue for the base hue:





I haven't done an edition for some time - not since my multiple place aquatint, in fact. While printing an edition can be tiresome, having a sizable stack of prints in hand was very pleasing. Pending final review, the edition set will be up to 35 prints.



I haven't made any final decisions, but I'll have some available edition prints and proofs of the "Handyman" print for sale at the annual Fort Mason Holiday Print Sale, set for December 3-5!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...