Sunday, November 7, 2010

New Work in Progress: Mont Saint Michel

I rarely work outside the studio, but for various reasons I took home my latest plate last week to get a bit more work done. Unlike etching or aquatint, linocuts are relatively easy to do from home, particularly a small one. The piece I am working on is a 4" x 6" two-plate lino based on a photo I took in Mont Saint-Michel last summer. The photo offered a unique and challenging composition and I may have been subtly influenced by Frans Masereel after Mike Kimball's comment on my lino book post. Since I was able to take a few photos of the plate in progress, I thought  would share them now that I have an early proof of the first plate.


Mont Saint-Michel source photo
Plate in process
Plate in process detail
Early proof

2 comments:

  1. Wow the lino print is amazing! Very nice work!
    It is inspiring me to do some Linocut work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Now grab those band-aids and pick-up that carving tool! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...